Bikram Yoga for Rheumatoid Arthritis by Karen Smith

TESTIMONIAL TUESDAY! Meet Karen 
"Bikram Yoga has changed my life……physically, mentally, and emotionally. Three months ago, I came into the studio with chronic knee, feet and hand pain brought on by rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed in June 2017).
I was an avid runner for 35 years but due to chronic feet and knee pain, I had to stop. I was so discouraged and thought 'what will I do that will give me the challenging workout running 4-6 miles a day and training for ½ marathons does.'
I have been doing Bikram Yoga for three months. Previously, I had done Vinyasa & Yin yoga and enjoyed all of the benefits of yoga, but Bikram is different. The benefits of the heat and a 90 minute practice exceed the benefits of a regular yoga practice. Bikram helps my aching joints every single time I practice. When I depart the yoga studio, I feel stronger physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is hard to admit, but Bikram Yoga has given me an even better high than running. It is the best workout that my mind and body has ever done!"


Comments

Popular Posts